NAAC AQAR (2020-21)
CRITERION II – TEACHING-LEARNING AND EVALUATION
2.7.1 STUDENT SATISFACTION SURVEY
For the NAAC AQAR (2020-21), Students Satisfaction Survey (SSS) was conducted among the students of the college through the college website.The questionnaire has been framed based on NAAC guidelines. Students have rated the question in a scale of 0 to 4.The summary is displayed on the college website and it is also presented in the IQAC meeting.
Number of responses received for the (SSS) survey = 432
|OVERALL AVERAGE SCORE||3.72|
|1||How much of the syllabus was covered in the class?||3.86|
|2||How well did the teachers prepare for the classes?||3.77|
|3||How well were the teachers able to communicate?||3.81|
|4||The teacher’s approach to teaching can best be described as||3.66|
|5||Fairness of the internal evaluation process by the teachers.||3.81|
|6||Was your performance in assignments discussed with you?||3.78|
|7||The institute takes active interest in promoting internship, student exchange, field visit opportunities for students.||3.63|
|8||The teaching and mentoring process in your institution facilitates you in cognitive, social and emotional growth.||3.61|
|9||The institution provides multiple opportunities to learn and grow.||3.64|
|10||Teachers inform you about your expected competencies, course outcomes and programme outcomes.||3.75|
|11||Your mentor does a necessary follow-up with an assigned task to you.||3.75|
|12||The teachers illustrate the concepts through examples and applications.||3.85|
|13||The teachers identify your strengths and encourage you with providing right level of challenges.||3.72|
|14||Teachers are able to identify your weaknesses and help you to overcome them.||3.78|
|15||The institution makes effort to engage students in the monitoring, review and continuous quality improvement of the teaching learning process.||3.63|
|16||The institute/ teachers use student centric methods, such as experiential learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies for enhancing learning experiences.||3.73|
|17||Teachers encourage you to participate in extracurricular activities||3.59|
|18||Efforts are made by the institute/ teachers to inculcate soft skills, life skills and employability skills to make you ready for the world of work.||3.73|
|19||What percentage of teachers use ICT tools such as LCD projector, Multimedia, etc. while teaching.||3.62|
|20||The overall quality of teaching-learning process in your institute is very good.||3.75|
|21||Give three observation / suggestions to improve the overall teaching – learning experience in your institution.
(Some Notable Suggestions)
1) Number of computer lab should be increased
2) Please organize subject based poster competition, quiz competition, debate competition etc.
3) Different subject related topics can be assigned to us to present it in the class such that we can share our understanding regarding the topic.
4) Some prize based science competition can be organized.
5) More smart class rooms are needed
6) Infrastructure of the college may be improved
7) More digital equipments can be bought for the classrooms.
8) Some interesting activities like subject based quiz competition in groups can be arranged during class.
9) Digital equipments like projectors can be installed in the classroom.
10) If college get some more teachers for science stream, that will be helpful to us.